Here’s quick hit of tips and tricks to make sure your session goes as smoothly as possible!
- You’ll have around 40 minutes for your session, so make sure you leave enough time for questions
- Allow for questions during your presentation, not just at the end — attendees will retain more from your session if they can interact with it
- Don’t go crazy with your slides — a good rule to follow is no more than 1 slide per minute
- Don’t be shy about getting specific with your topic or your intended audience
- Practice. Even though this is an “un-conference,” give yourself a run through or two before the big event.
- Share your session on social media, but remember this is not a traditional conference and you’re not “presenting,” you’re “participating.”