Chair, ProductCamp Nashville 2018
August 19, 2018 · 5 min read
ProductCamp Voting 101
ProductCamp Nashville is an unconference. Rather than having pre-scheduled speakers, anyone who is interested in leading a session can submit a proposal leading up to the day of the event. Proposed sessions will be voted on by the ProductCamp participants, the morning of the unconference, with the most popular sessions getting on the event schedule. Other participants will view what your session is about and vote on the morning of the event.
- When you pickup your name badge and welcome packet at the registration desk, you will also receive 4 stickers. Each sticker represents a “vote”.
- Grab some coffee, network with other attendees, and make you way to the Auditorium (see map in welcome packet).
- There will be big squares of paper lining the walls at the back of the Auditorium. Each piece of paper will represent a proposed session topic, and will include the session name and details.
- Review all of the sessions (see proposed session list in welcome packet), and place a sticker on the sessions that most interest you. Out of respect for this voting process and the unconference nature,1 sticker per person, per session please!
- We will tally the votes and announce the entire day’s sessions after the plenary session.
- Session information (chosen sessions, times, and room number) will be posted on boards throughout the venue as well as projected near the entryway.
Sessions are 35 minutes long with 10-minute breaks in between. If you want to switch sessions for any reasons, follow the “law of two feet.” If you’re in a session and it’s not what you thought it would be, or there are two sessions happening simultaneously and you want to catch a little bit of each, simply get up quietly and walk out. It isn't rude—in fact, it’s encouraged. It’s your event—make it the most valuable experience for you.